The Agency is committed to serving all its stakeholders and client groups in a way that honours the ideals of the co-operative movement and keeps the Agency accountable. Client-centred service puts the needs and concerns of housing co-ops and other clients at the core of every operation.
Recognizing the common interest of co-ops, federations of housing co-operatives, CMHC and the public in co-ops’ success, the Agency believes that increased collaboration with co-ops brings good results. Our focus on co-ops is helping them to follow the rules of their program and stay financially healthy or improve their operation.
The Values adopted by the Agency provide a strong base for ever-improving service to housing co-operatives. These values support nine principles specific to client-centred service at the Agency.
- monthly assessments of the Agency’s performance in meeting its service standards
- quarterly audits of a random sample of the Agency’s client files
- visits to co-op clients by Agency relationship managers.
The Agency prepares an annual report card on our client service.
The following principles guide the Agency’s approach to client-centred service:
- leadership by example from the Board and management within the organization and from the Agency in its relations with its clients
- mutual respect among individuals and organizations
- honouring the contribution of all parties
- demonstrating fairness, courtesy and professionalism
- giving responsive and timely service
- co-operation, teamwork and reciprocity
- social responsibility
- meeting of obligations
- anticipation of client needs, which the Agency will try to meet when they fall within our mandate
- transparent communications that are straightforward, accessible, timely, clear and accurate, in both official languages
- consultation and feedback
- continuous learning and improvement of both processes and outcomes.